- All appointments are scheduled to allow extra time between patients.
- Seating in the waiting area has been rearranged to provide at least six feet between patients.
- Only the patient will be allowed in the consultation and surgery rooms, unless the patient is a minor.
- Anyone accompanying a patient will be asked to wait in the car, unless the patient is a minor, in which case only one parent should be with the patient.
- All new patients are asked to complete registration and health history forms online to minimize the time spent in common areas of the office.
Infection Control and Prevention
- All instruments are sterilized in autoclave machines, similar to those used in hospitals. These machines use steam and pressure to reach and maintain a temperature high enough to kill any microorganisms and their spores.
- Disposable plastic wrap is used to cover surfaces that are touched by surgeons and surgical assistants, such as light handles.
- Before and after each patient, our assistants use bacterial and viral wipes to clean all surfaces in the treatment room that were touched by the surgeon, assistants or patient.
- Surgeons and assistants wear new gloves and masks for every patient.
- Protective eyewear is available for patients upon request during surgical procedures.
- We are treating all surfaces in the office with long-lasting antimicrobial solutions, in addition to wiping everything down in the operatories and consultation rooms with disinfectant between patients.
- We are using long-lasting hand sanitizer, as well as single-use gloves with each patient.
- Our doctors and staff wear additional PPE, such as N95 masks and face shields.
- Hand sanitizer and tissues are provided for all patients, caretakers, and parents or guardians accompanying minor patients.
Screening and Scheduling
Prior to Your Appointment
- If you are a new patient, we ask that you complete registration forms and health history online.
- When scheduling appointments, you will be asked basic screening questions, such as:
- Are you currently experiencing any fever or flu-like symptoms?
- Have you had a fever or flu-like symptoms in the last 3 days?
- Have you had recent exposure (within the last 14 days) to individual with fever or flu-like symptoms?
- Have you traveled to the affected COVID-19 areas in the last 14 days?
- To maintain proper social distancing, when you arrive at the office for your appointment, please call our main office number. One of our staff members will let you know when you should come into the office.
- If anyone accompanies you to your appointment, they will be asked to wait in the car.
- When you arrive, one of our surgical assistants will take your temperature and ask you the screening questions above.